Thursday, December 4, 2008

Mr. Golden Sun

I am trying to complain less, to thank and praise God more. I am not succeeding. Hidden complaints invade my speech each hour I am realizing. And yet, when I consider my life and all that I have been given, praises should reign in my speech. All the same, if you live here and have seen our weather you will understand this silly song that I keep lifting up as a prayer (another veiled complaint right there). Maybe you will join me.
Mr. Sun, sun Mr. Golden Sun, please shine down on me. Lord, remove the clouds and send the sun.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Oh Mr. Golden Sun... Rachel sings this EVERY DAY!!!!!!

chris k said...

I hadn't heard this beforebut I agree. That little bit of sunshine this afternoon went a long way for me. I do think that it's hard to feel glorious when the clouds are out for days on end. that's why summer is my favorite time...well, and that I get to be a stay at home mom all summer long. :)

Amanda Irene said...

YESSSSS yesterday when the sun shone I thought HEY it's been a while since I've seen you!!!

I'll pray for your thankfulness and mine too!!!