
Garden is growing.
Tomatoes won't turn red, but they are there. Lots of them on some plants. One of the plants has none. H and I have been eating the green beans raw long before they get to the dinner table. The romaine is yummy and we are anxious for the first carrot. And those
broccoli plants! I had no idea these plants were so huge. Sometimes, when I grow my own food, I'm amazed at how cheap produce is in the store. I mean
broccoli takes a lot of land!

T and Cody replaced the roof on the garage last weekend. It's a metal roof (I hope no one steals it!--for out-of-
towners, thieves have been after metal for scrap money and sometimes steal copper off of roofs).

We went bowling as a family this weekend at
Stardust on State. It's a really nice alley and kids can bowl two free games a day all summer. Since T and I paid for our games and shoes, they didn't charge us for the girls' shoes. H actually beat me by one point, though she had bumpers and I did not. Of course, no matter how you put it, I am terrible bowler, but it is fun. T won, with five strikes in a row.
K came in last, but only 3 points behind mommy! Gosh, I am a really bad bowler. I can't believe I even shared all this information!

We are done with swim lessons for the summer, H passed level 2. She is nervous about level 3 as they swim in the deep end.
2 comments:
My neighbors (who are great gardeners) have tomaotes, but no red ones yet. Great roof - being able to complete a job without having to hire it out is always great.
I love bowling. We haven't gone in years. Steve has tons of trophy's from when he was little.
Yesterday I trimmed a bunch of stems off the giant tomato plants. Just vines without flowers so that the other plants and the tomatoes would get more sun. Not sure if this was a good move, but seems logcial.
Post a Comment