A friend sent me a link to this article. I started reading it and thought, oh my gosh, why did he send this sappy love story? As usual, I was passing judgement far too soon. Oh my dear friends, this woman's sensitivty to the Lord and the revolution she experienced in her heart is something I pray for all of us in this crazy material cutlure. And for many women, that wedding ring represents true sacrifice. Could you, would you do what this woman did?
http://www.story.house2house.com/2008/11/04/with-this-ring/
1 comment:
I, too, had a small wedding. I had an $88 dress. I have no engagement ring. I have the smallest platinum band possible that cost around $100. It sits in the safety deposit box, as the only jewelry I wear is a watch, and since the battery has been out on it for a year... I've been without.
But I think it's awesome that she figured this out for herself and that the world keeps working on becoming a better place for it.
Post a Comment