Here you go Amanda, me in the Parrot aviary. I visit everyday though none of the birds are super sweet. I can manhandle a few of them.
Pam, my mother-in-law, holding Nelly who had come down with a fever. This family handles fever and illness with as much fanfare as I do a scratch. I guess when you have seventeen+ kids, fever spreads like wildfire and is far preferable to diarrhea.
We took the kids to the shoe store on Wednesday. It was their first time ever picking out their own shoes and one of their first times on carpet. It was chaotic but fun. I am amazed at the prices here. Some of them are so similar to US prices, but people here make about $5 a day.
Michelle liked to measure shoe sizes.
Tom helps Marlon try on a pair of shoes.
5 comments:
Laura - So glad to see the beautiful pictures of the landscape and those precious children. And you and your family safe. You all are prayed for many times daily.
Betsy
Wow, lots of pictures today. The shoe outing must have been special for the kids. Still praying daily. Be safe.
Hi Laura,
Your Mom here and enjoying your almost daily accounts of daily life on your summer vacation!!
The Zion prayer chain (as well as any one I am with) ia praying for your safety in being there as well as your journey home.
Thank you for your reassuring messages and phone calls and wonderful pictures! Know that we love all of you and hope you can bring may positive memories back with you.
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!
This was a beautiful post. It really brought tears to my eyes that you could take them to a shoe store for the first time. The picture of Hadley and Tom helping the kids with shoes - beautiful.
Post a Comment